Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm a Crafter NOT a Carpenter!

For a long time now I've been wanting a set of shelves to put my stamps on.
Several reasons:
  1. I could get to them easier
  2. I could actually SEE what all I have and maybe use it more
  3. Nora's shop (in PA) is one of the cosiest places a stamper could go and I'd like the same feeling here (I'll have to make all my walls look like this to get the same effect!)
  4. Etc. Etc. Etc.
The stamps have been in sliding drawers for as long as I've owned them, but last night they got a new home....behind my craft room door you'll find.....

Now you have to realize that I'm a crafter NOT a carpenter, so these shelves are not perfect. I'm sure my carpenter brothers would think their little sister's creation is atrocious, but it serves the purpose!
Wow! I didn't know I had that many stamps! Now I feel the need to clarify that I didn't buy these at full price. They were purchased:
  1. From Big Lots for $1 (the same stamps were selling at Michaels for $8, $10, $16 etc)
  2. From Dollar Tree for $1
  3. From Ollies for $2.99 (I got several sets that way)
  4. From the Thrift Store for 50 cents, $1, $2, $3 (depending on which set it was I bought there)
  5. From a crafts store's clearance bin
  6. From a craft store (Michael's, JoAnns, A.C. Moore) with a 50% off coupon
  7. From a won box lot (off ebay)
  8. As a gift and given to me
I'm always looking for a good deal, and over the past few years you can see I've found quite a few!
Less you think the shelves are full and I can't handle any more........
....there is still room for expansion! Not all the shelves are double stacked with stamps in back and in front.
Here is what I did with the clear stamps:

I'm really enjoyed looking at all my stamps....can't wait to get time to use some of them.
Come on over and we'll stamp a while!

1 comment:

Cindy Loven said...

I love it...I have lots and lots of unmounted stamps and have them on a shelf, but my mounted stamps are hard to get to (stored in shoe boxes) so this could be an option for them..thanks..