Monday, September 7, 2009

Gift Card/Money Holder

I wanted a special gift to give a good friend of mine whose birthday is in August. She loves to create things, loves shopping, and especially loves a good bargain. So thought I'd give her a little something to pay for some new craft purchases she may want to make!
Now I knew I couldn't just give her a gift card or money, it needed a special package to arrive in. Being she's a "flowers and lace" kind of girl --here's what I came up with:
Here it is with some $ in it -- just to show you what it looks like/where the pocket is.

I usually never make just one of something, so here's the second one I made---the tag is blank on this one - waiting for the monogram letter of the person I choose to give it to.

Here's a picture tutorial of how I made these vintage pockets.
Step 1: Begin with a double sided 5 x 9 1/2 inch piece of paper

Step 2: Fold the bottom corners up like this

Step 3: Turn the card over and fold the "triangles" down like this

Step 4: Turn the card back over and fold up to form the pocket like this

Step 5: Fold the corners out like this

Step 6: - Glue sides down and front "triangles" ---Decorate!

Supplies used in mine:
  • K & Company - 12 x 12 Hannah Scrap Pad
  • Clip Art from Clearly Vintage
  • Cuttlebug die cuts - letters
  • Misc. Buttons/thread/ribbon
  • Ribbon Roses
  • Vintage lace
If you happen to make one of these - please link back to this post and leave me a comment!
I'd love to see your take on it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

These are beautiful, and they look pretty easy to do. I was thinking they would also be nice to hold a note or as a tag with a note in it on a gift. I love K & Company papers, too; I use them a lot! Thanks for sharing!

ellen s. said...

beautiful!

Christa said...

You certainly do know me well! :) This is beautiful!