Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Challenge You -- Fancy Corners Mini Embossing Folders

For the challenge this week I chose using the Fancy Corners Mini Embossing Folders.  I'm not sure I've used them but once. Since they're small they have always been harder for me to know what to do with them.  I thought the challenge would be good for me, and also give me some new ideas for them if I challenged my friend as well.  Without further ado --- here are my creations for this week.
Supplies: Tall Watercolor Flower (Hampton Art Stamps), Purple Ribbon, Chalks, Pink/Green/Yellow Crayola Markers, Butterfly stickers, and of course Fancy Corners Embossing Folder
The inspiration for this card came from here
Supplies: Flower petals, dew drop, glitter, paper piercer, felt tip pen, and of course Fancy Corners Embossing Folder
 Supplies: White/Green cardstock, Wide black/white checked ribbon, Swiss Dots embossing folder, blue/purple ribbon, two gold flower charms, Crayola marker, Organic Flourish Embossing Borders, and of course Fancy Corners Embossing Folder
 Supplies: White/Purple cardstock, flower punch, hole punch, butterfly punch, butterfly pattern, crochet flower, heart button, purple fiber, wire, scallop scissors, and of course Fancy Corners Embossing Folder
The inspiration for this card came from here
 Supplies: Butterfly Stamp (Impression Obsession), Pearlustre Saphire Embossing powder, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Organic Flourish Embossing Borders,and of course Fancy Corners Embossing Folder
 Supplies: White/pink/green cardstock, hat stamp (Unfortunately I don't know any details -- it's not on the stamp), dew drops, organic flourish embossing borders, sentiment printed on computer, and of course Fancy Corners Embossing Folder
It's almost impossible for me to pick a favorite this time.  The only one I'm not overly fond of is the first one - seems something is still missing.  I enjoyed myself doing these cards, though several of them went through quite a few revisions (i.e. I put one thing on and ripped it off -- tried another -- ripped that off too etc. etc.) before they were complete.  I think I used all four of the mini folders at least once, and along the way figured out what to do with that beautiful butterfly stamp. (It comes on a block with three others and they almost never looked right just inked.  When I hit upon the idea of embossing them -- that did the trick.  Have a feeling I'll be using that simple/easy card pattern quite a bit in the future!)
Now you can go over to my friend's blog and check out her creations.  Be sure to leave a nice comment for her while your there.
Till next week -- ta ta! 

1 comment:

Christa said...

These are so pretty! I love all of them and couldn't pick a favorite, either. Now that I've seen yours, I may just have to pull mine out again. I hit a brick wall in the inspiration department this week! ;)