Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I challenge You - Stitching

The challenge for this week is to use stitching on your project.....either hand stitching, machine stitching, or faux stitching.  I had a lot of fun with this challenge -- guess I must have been in the mood to stitch.  Most of these creations I've had done for two (or more) weeks because we've been hosting a guest speaker and his family and I knew time for creativity would be short then.
Here's the first one
I have wanted to make this card for some time, and it turned out to be fairly easy to do.  I freehand cut the chicken and all it's "accessories" (beak, crop etc.)... added a bit of brown lace to the bottom and mounted it on my card.  I stitched a row of brown x's up one side and added a few dew drops to the top right corner.  The sentiment was made using a Studio G alphabet set and red ink.  I know a few friends (who raise chickens) who would enjoy this card.

Supplies: Four colors cardstock, Textile Embossing Folder, Flower Punch, Dew Drops, Wide Pink Ribbon, Mary Engelbreit page a day calendar (image), Colorbok Velum Quote, Pink embroidery floss

This card was SO MUCH FUN!   I traced a tree shape, cut out and stitched around the trunk and tree. Both are embossed - one with the swirls folder the other with swiss dots.  Stamp sets used: Autumn Leaves (flower sun), Hampton Art (sentiment), Owl (Dustin Pike digital stamp), Inkadinkadoo (grass stamp).  The little flowers were punched with a Fiskars Flower Border punch.

Supplies: Image from here, Best Occasions DP, Scrappy Cat Swirls stamp, pink embossing powder, purple/pink embroidery floss, scallop scissors, circle/scallop/blossom nestabilities, crayola markers, wide pink ribbon

Supplies: Every Day Stack DP, Embroidery Floss, Blue Rhinestone, Flower Punch, Hole Punch, MS branch punch, Blue/purple ribbon, purple cardstock

I had a lot of fun on these cards.  Stitching may be a little time consuming, but it's worth the effort in the end.
Now go here to see what my friend came up with for this stitching challenge.

1 comment:

Christa said...

These are so cool! My favorite, of course, is the teacup card, but they're all great. You did a wonderful job with such a wide variety of styles!

These are truly labors of love, and it's so much fun to look at all the little details you miss at first glance. :)