Monday, August 9, 2010

Candy Gift

I made this little food gift for a man at church who had a birthday this week.  It's made from a recycled strawberry carton that I saved from this spring......tied up with a fabric ribbon (My s-i-l gets the credit for this great idea --- she tore strips of fabric and used them as bows on her card).
Here's a view of the top without the ribbon --- I used Tim Hotlz's stamp set "The Journey" on it.  I stamped the ticket in light brown ink -- then stamped the truck/corners with versa mark and embossed with copper embossing powder.  The sentiment is stamped with dark brown ink.
The gift ---- Homemade (Melt-in-your-mouth) Peanut Butter Fudge with some chocolate tools on top! I picked up the tool candy mold in Amish Country intending to use it for masculine gifts.....like how they turned out.  I put saran wrap inside of brown tissue paper to keep the fudge fresh and the container decorative!
In case your interested here's the recipe for the
Peanut Butter Fudge
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/3 cup peanut butter
1 jar (8 oz.) marshmallow creme
Boil sugar and milk in a pan for 3 minutes
Add p. butter and marshmallow creme - mix well.
Pour into a buttered 8 in. pan
Chill till set
Slice and ENJOY!

1 comment:

Naturally Me Creations said...

Aw, this is so cute! :D And it sounds delicious too! I don't think we get marshmallow creme around here though... :( I wonder if there's something else one could use? You think a can of condensedmilk would work...?