Friday, August 13, 2010

Easy Spiral Roses

I put a new tutorial on the side links called "Mini Rolled Roses."  I used that tutorial as a basis for making the roses on this card.  I did change a few things: 1. I cut 2 in circles with a circle punch instead of the square 2. I didn't draw the lines - just eyeballed it and cut my circle into spirals 3.I crumpled my regular cardstock up and rolled it between my fingers till I broke the fibers --then separated it into two pieces (instead of using mulberry paper) 4. I used my quilling tool to hold my rose as it was a bit easier than doing it "by hand."  Once you make one and get the hang of it, these whip up pretty fast!
Here's a closer view of them so you can see details:
I dabbed a little bit of my pearl paint on the top of the roses just for added dimension. 
Supplies used on this card were:
  • DP Home (My Mind's Eye)
  • Pink/White/Green Cardstock
  • MS Leaf punch
  • MS Branch Punch
  • Dew Drops (tutorial link on side)
  • Metallic Pearl Paint (Folk Art)
  • My Friend Stamp (Studio G)
  • Teapot Stamp (Mary Engelbreit)
  • Organic Flourish Border Embossing Folder
  • Flourish Accent Shapeabilities

No comments: