Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Challenge You Wednesday - Lattice Front

My friend picked the challenge this week --- it was to do a lattice front on your card like Valita did (click here).
I'm on dial-up so viewing the video was not an option for me, but I managed to figure out a way to do it (probably not Valita's way, but what I did worked). I didn't have a lot of extra time so I only managed to try this technique once.  The "bright idea" of turning a scallop circle into a pie card was mentioned, but I didn't get that done (maybe my friend did?).
Anyway, here's my challenge card for this week:
Supplies used:
  • DP - Classics (K & Company)
  • Leaves dies (Provo Craft)
  • Script embossing folder (embossed leaves)
  • Brown ink (Inked over embossing and over lattice)
  • Fall Ribbon (ribbon rose)
  • Ornate Labels # 4 (Sizzix)
  • Autumn Spendor Thankful stamp (Making Memories)
  • Copper ribbon (small bow on stamped image)
Here's the inside of my card ---you can see how I covered up the lattice work....
Used Harvest Expressions (Inkadinkado) and Copper embossing powder for sentiment inside.
Now click here to see what my friend came up with for this challenge.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I really, really like this!! The "muddying" really did enhance the lattice, too. ;) Thanks for playing along!