Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jean Pocket Purse and matching hair clips

I made another Jean Pocket Purse (tutorial link on side bar) - this time using blues for the  accents.  The back is covered in the same brown/blue polka dot material as the straps. Used blue embossing powder for the butterfly -- I like it that it turned out darker than the pink one did.
Decided to try making a few matching hair clips this time:
I followed the great tutorial from Eye Spy DIY
While I was at it I made two clips to match the pink/jean purse from the other day...
Hopefully the little girls I made these for will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them!

3 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Your newest bag is another winner...lovely combination of the denim and brown ...cute butterfly! I have become your latest follower!

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

So glad you enjoyed my rosette bobby pin tutorial! I love the polka dot ones!
-Katie
http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/

Christa said...

How cute! I need to give these hair clips a try, mostly because I have quite a few strips lying around from my sheet projects ... and you know I couldn't bring myself to throw out a 1" strip of fabric. :)