Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wreath Cards

  Here's the first of my wreath cards.  So happy to have FINALLY figured out how to make these wreaths -- added a link on the side of my blog under the tutorial section.
This photo doesn't quite capture it as there is a whole cut in the middle of the wreath and the sentiment is actually stamped on the inside.  The front cover isn't laying flat in the picture so it looks off-centered.
(Sentiment Stamp - Inkadinkadoo) 
Since I ran out of gingerbread men, I used the above and below card fronts to put a wreath on instead....the first one has several layers as it took a little bit to figure out that you place the branches OVER the previous ones instead of UNDER them!

  I saved my favorite one for last. For this one I used a piece of music from an old book as a background and added a "joy" sentiment (Studio G) to the side on the velvet red ribbon.

I made two each of both the top and bottom one ---six more cards added to the Christmas card stash!

Here's some great cards on Splitcoast that inspired me:
  1. White Christmas (must try this wreath in white!)
  2. Wreath with Bird
  3. Christmas Wreath
  4. A Cased Wreath
  5. Love For Christmas (This card inspired my third card -- using multiple colors!)

4 comments:

Melanie C. said...

Wow! Good job! ...and I think I am right with you about the music one - my favorite!

(Thanks for your comment over at Our Sheltering Tree. I was planning on checking out your blog again today, etc., and happened to click on your comment on the post before I made it over here.)

Pamela said...

I love the music one (of course). I'm thinking I need to pay Martha Stewart a visit. Ha! Did you copy the music or is that a real page? I love seeing your cards.

Esther Asbury said...

Thanks, ladies, for your sweet comments!
Pam, the music is the "real deal." I pick up old music books (and hymn books and dictionaries etc.) at thrift stores (for a few cents) just to cut up and make into cards.
I've had book lovers tell me I'm bordering on sacrilege doing that (smile).... but even they have to admit that it adds something to a card to have the "real deal" on it!

Christa said...

These are fabulous!! I love them all, and now I need to go read that tutorial so I can make some wreaths.