Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls In A Snap

These cinnamon rolls not only take less than 20 minutes to make (start to finish), but they are also very yummy! I've served them to guests on many occasions and I ALWAYS get rave reviews. Thought I'd share the recipe with my blog readers - just in case you'd like something quick, easy, and YUMMY for breakfast today. (They're also great to give away as gifts for birthdays - thinking of yous - appreciate you - thank you - or "I'm sorry your heart hurts" occasions!)

Cinnamon Rolls In A Snap
4 - 1/2 cups Biscuit baking mix
1 - 1/3 cups milk
Combine above ingredients and 
roll out on a floured surface
Spread with butter
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon 
Roll up and slice
Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet
Bake @ 450 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes
Glaze:
2 T. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. milk
Combine and drizzle over hot rolls
Serve and ENJOY!!

I never buy the biscuit baking mix - instead I make my own.  Here's the recipe in case your interested.
Biscuit Baking Mix Substitute  
(This is per 1 cup flour)
1 Cup Flour
1 - 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 T. Shortning
Combine all ingredients

8 comments:

Christa said...

Thanks! I've been wanting that recipe. :)

Lisa said...

Wow, this recipe sounds fantastic. What a time saver without having to sacrifice the great taste. I have a linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.

Rhondi said...

I have to try these! I love cinnamon rolls, and 20 minutes is even possible during the week. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

Mmm...those look great!

Christa said...

How thin do you roll these? I tried them, but mine were quite salty. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I can't imagine what it was. Maybe the biscuit mix was old?? (I don't use it often.)

Esther Asbury said...

"Sophia" sorry yours didn't turn out well. To be honest I've only used the biscuit mix once - the first time I made them. They turned out just fine with it, but now I usually just make my own with recipe I included at the end of the post.
I usually mix up enough biscuit mix for one batch the night before I plan to make them, and then get up add milk and I'm all set to go!
Don't know why yours would have been so salty --never had that problem with them.

Maggie @ Vittles and Bits said...

Ooh yumm, I love cinnamon rolls! I also love that these do not have a yeast dough, because that's such a pain! These look delicious, thanks for sharing!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Thanks for the recipe. I like the idea of making your own mix. Saves time, and you're right, they would make a nice quick gift for someone. ~ Abby