Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines Day Food!

 Our Valentines Party with friends was Friday.  Here's what I contributed in the "fun food" department!
Surprise V-day Cupcakes
For these cupcakes I took a little batter out and dyed it red with food coloring.  A decorators bag helped me squeeze a little into the center of each cupcake for a colorful "surprise" inside! I made my own icing -- the same recipe I use to decorate my daughter's birthday cakes.  It's easy to work with and sets up nice (tastes good too!). Here's the recipe in case your interested....
Creamy White Frosting
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 1/2  cups sifted powdered sugar
3 to 4 T. milk
Beat shortening, vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.  Gradually add 1/2 the powdered sugar, beating well.  Add 2 T. milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to reach desired consistency. 
I use my Pampered Chef Accent Decorator to swirl the icing on -- MUCH easier than a cake decorators bag. (Thank you Lois!!!)

 Chocolate Covered Marshmallows
Melt chocolate - dip marshmallows - add sprinkles and Wa La - yummy treats created!  The small heart shaped ones are the strawberry flavored ones Wal-mart had out for V-day.

Heart Shaped Jello Jigglers
The fun things about all these treats is that they can be customized for any holiday or occasion.  Simply change the colors of icing/batter/sprinkles/jello and the shape of the cookie cutter and you have fun - customized party food!

13 comments:

BumbleVee said...

how lovely....all pink and all fun....and pretty darn tasty too I bet....

Christa said...

These tasted yummy, and they looked wonderful, too - the best of both worlds! :)

Unknown said...

What an awesome looking party!

Amy said...

oh wow, so romantic, lovely, and sweet too of course! :)

Amy
http://utry.it

Naturally Me Creations said...

Your little treats are adorable! I especially love the cupcakes and how you've decorated them, and the jelly hearts! :)

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

I was just talking about wanting to make Heart Shaped Jello Jigglers yesterday but I can never get my jello to the point of being able to make Jigglers.... hahaha Im a jello loser lol. but yours looks great!

Pamela said...

I'm on a high looking at all the sweeness. :-) I'm a big fan of chocolate covered marshmallows.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a party! Looks like you had a lot of delicious treats to enjoy. Wish I could have been there to try them all.

Scrappy quilter said...

I'd come to your party just for those treats. They look lovely!

Kelly-Anne said...

Such delicious looking treats! And I love all the pink and hearts! Hugs to you! Love, Kelly

Christine said...

So many pretty delicious treats! I can feel it on my waistline already as I have a serious sweet tooth problem!!
Thanks for the ideas!

Huckleberry stitches said...

Oh everything looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe on the icing!

Stephanie said...

What a delightful sweet feast for Valentine's Day! My mouth is most certainly watering right now :) Thanks for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!