Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gift Tags

Wanted to share my simple leaf gift tags made from a paper bag. Inside is a loaf of Autumn Pear Bread -- so delicious!
All I did was
  1. Stamp a background stamp (you'll notice it's not even fall-ish) onto a brown paper bag
  2. Trace a leaf shape onto the stamped part -- with a brown marker
  3. Cut out and edge with faux stitching
  4. Punch a flower from red cardstock and glued it to the top of the leaf before I punched the hole to tie the tag on
  5. Write my message on the leaf and wa-la -- a cute little gift tag for a food gift
For the one above I added a brown rolled rose too.
I tied a pretty fall ribbon around my bread and then tied some twine on too for a country look. 
For this one  I added a little stuffed Mason Jar that I made by stamping my Mason Jar stamp onto the muslin fabric - sewing around it and embroidering "Country" on the front.  Those little buttons in the top corner added quite a bit to it I thought.
This post linked to:
 Our Sheltering Tree

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog today and your kind words on my tag I made for Abby.

Your leaf tag is beautiful and the mason jar with the stitching is adorable. Very creative, I love it!

Have a great day!

Christa said...

I *adore* that mason jar tag! I really need to make some of those myself, even if my stamp is smaller than yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Too inspired! Now, for the time in my day to do all this!!!
Joy!
Kathy

Wendys Hat said...

Really cute! These would be cute to tie around napkins for napkin rings too. Love them all! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Anonymous said...

Love the leaf tags! Homemade gifts are such fun...

Pamela said...

I think i'm going to have to buy that stamp. Or maybe have RB draw it. :-) This is one of the cutest tags I've seen. BTW, watch the mail for some cute tags.

Michell Pulliam said...

Very cute idea! Dropping by from "Sharing the Shelter" blog hop. Have a blessed day!