Monday, January 9, 2012

Life's fragile....

....handle with prayer!
I've had so much fun using some of my Christmas presents from my husband and daughter. (Have I mentioned that they are THE BEST at picking presents that I love?!)
I made two in this design altering them just a bit in color and the flower I used.  One of these was for an older lady in our church who lost her only son a year ago this month.  It's been a very hard year for her, so my daughter and I took her some flowers, fudge, and the pink card on the anniversary of his passing....and spent part of the afternoon with her.  She seemed very pleased with our efforts to let her know we remembered and care.
Supplies:
  • Kraft Cardstock
  • Punches
    • Monarch Butterflies Trim (Martha Stewart)
    • Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart)
  • Stamps
    • Stripes (Stampabilities)
    • Sentiment stamp had no info on it
  • Floral Embellishments (Recollections)
  • Small Ribbon
  • Scallop Circle Nestabilities 
  • Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provo Craft)
  • Purple Tissue Paper (purple flower -- made like this)

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty and thoughtful card to make for your church friend - I'm sure it helped her at this difficult time of year.

Stacy Kay Brais said...

So cute! Love those punches!! I see lots of butterflies in my future. Thanks for the inspiration :)
Have a great day~Stacy

Pamela said...

I love these, Esther. But most of all I love the sheltering you provided for your friend. I know from experience that when people remember those dates that it means so much. We had a lady in bedford that always gave us money to go out to eat on Sarah's birthday. Another one always sent us flowers. You sure have a shelter-er's heart. And I love how you are training your daughter's heart to love sheltering.

Melony Bradley said...

What a sweet gesture! I am sure your friend loved the card. They both are really beautiful.

Christa said...

These are both lovely, but you knew the pink would be my favorite, right? :) I love that butterfly punch, too.

You are so thoughtful! I'm sure it meant a lot to her that you remembered, and spending time with her on that day was the perfect way to show the love of Jesus.