Monday, February 27, 2012

Clean and Simple

It's especially helpful when creating a whole set of cards to remember that  "not every card needs to be a masterpiece."  When making multiples sometimes "less is more."  Such is the case for this card set.......believe me when I say CAS (clean and simple) cards are not easy for me....it totally goes against my "pile it on" nature.  I try to make up for the lack of elements by adding details such as outlining, inking edges, faux stitching, and sewing to give the card extra depth.
Here's a closer view of the two different (and yet the same) cards I did for the above set.
Card #1
 Card #2


The supplies are pretty basic:
  • Two coordinating pattern papers from Garden Florals (Recollections)
  • Ribbon
  • Kraft cardstock
  • Free Scripture printable (below)
  • Sharpie and Bic markers (outlining and faux stitching on tag)
I'm including a the free Scripture printable I created to use on these cards. You'll notice I cut the right edge in a scallop pattern to give it a little more "pop."
Images on this tag came from:
Papercraft Memories, Mel Stampz, Vintage Holiday Crafts

2 comments:

Christa said...

Those make a very nice set! I love making card sets, and people always seem to appreciate receiving them.

Pamela said...

Love the printable. And how you made it into a tag to use on the card set. Love the papers you used.