Friday, February 17, 2012

Crocheted Apple Hot Pad

Here's an add on toWednesday's gift....a Crocheted Apple Hot Pad. I had to wing this one -- no pattern, just a picture to go by.  Here's my first attempt at writing a crochet pattern, so please excuse if it has any mistakes in it.

Make a Magic Ring
Round 1: ch2 (counts as 1st dc throughout) - 11 dc in ring - sl st in top of ch2
Round 2: ch 2,  2 dc in each st around - 24 stitches total
Round 3: ch 2,  2 dc in each st around - 48 stitches total
Round 4: ch 2  * 2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch * Repeat from * to * all the way around 72 stitches total
Round 5: 5sc, 1 hdc, *1dc in next st, 2 dc in next st* repeat from * to * 4 times, 11 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 2 tr in each of the next 2 stitches, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 2 tr in each of the next 2 stitches, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 11 sc, *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st* repeat from * to * 4 times, 1 hdc, 5 sc, sl st finish off

Here's a great tutorial for the leaves
Doesn't it made a nice add on to my previously posted gift?
This post linked to

2 comments:

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

How cute! I am redoing my kitchen in all red (and luckily I know how to crochet) - I think I am going to make a few of these :) Thanks for sharing!

Christa said...

Yep, that's a great add-on! It's adorable, especially with the rest of the apple-themed items.