Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crocheted Butterflies

I crocheted some little butterflies to use on my cards using the free pattern from Marie's Making - isn't it genius to make the little flower and fold it over into a butterfly?!  I did most of them in white with the last round in color, but you can see one little pink variegated to the right. I'd love to find some more variegated colored thread to make these with!
 I'm posting two cards that I made using these butterflies -- one yellow and one pink!  
(Think Spring! Think Spring!)
Supplies used:
  • Free Printable Scripture from Dee's Buagaboo Boutique
  • Crocheted Butterflies
  • Sharpie Markers
  • Threading Water Border Punch (Fiskars)
  • Homemade Dew Drops
  • Three yellow eyelets
  • Sparkle flourish stamp set (Scrappy Cat)
  • Faux Stitching stamp (Creative Stamping Club)

This post linked to:

    10 comments:

    Little Birdie Blessings said...

    Esther your work never ceases to amaze me. Everything I'd love to accomplish with my crafts, you do. You're such a role model for me. If I could do just a small portion of what you do, I'd be happy. Thanks for sharing beautiful card on Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

    Charlotte Wilson said...

    Your butterflies are just so cute...wish I could crochet. Sigh!

    ♥Charlotte

    mel m. m. mccarthy said...

    Oh goodness, these are the sweetest little butterflies, ever. Wish I knew how to crochet! :o)

    GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

    Extremely cute! I have made similar butterflies used to embellish crocheted hats but they also looks sweet on your cards!

    Wendys Hat said...

    Oh I'm in LOVE with these butterflies! How sweet and perfect! Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern too.

    Anonymous said...

    Cute butterflies! They add a nice homemade touch to your cards.

    Mynn xx said...

    Oooooooo!!!!!!!! Okay, these cards are amazing--and those butterflies are stunning! Do you sell them?! I may need to purchase some from you!!!

    Marsha Fisher said...

    What sweet butterflies--nicely done!

    Christa said...

    I have always loved crocheted butterflies. Every time we would visit my oldest aunt, she would turn out 4 or 5 of these. She made them into refrigerator magnets, but I love your idea of using them on a card.

    If you're looking for variegated yarn, let me know what weight (crochet thread or regular worsted) and I'll see if I have any. My MIL gave me *gobs* of small bits of yarn, and I'm sure I won't ever get them all used up by myself. :)

    Dee ~ Dee's Bugaboo Boutique said...

    LOVE the crocheted butterflies!!! My daughter would love them, she really loves bugs. The digi's look great!! I can't wait to see more things from you hon!!!!