Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crocheted Hostess Gift

It sure feels good to be back to normal again after a week-end of being sick!
Today I'm sharing some crocheted gifts I've made. Wouldn't these make nice hostess gifts for someone with a country kitchen? (I just happen to know several people that fit that category!)
Here's what's in the pack:
  • 2 hand towels w/crocheted hangers
  • 1 dish cloth
  • 1 apple scrubbie
Here are the patterns I used to make them:
Since I have shoulder/neck problems I can't push my crochet needle through the towel when attaching the yarn.  I found that using a regular needle and sewing the loops on before I start to crochet worked out good for me  and didn't cause me undo pain like the "normal" way does.
I didn't actually have a pattern for the topper (except another towel that was gifted to me), but I used all treble crochet stitches to make these toppers.
This post linked to:

3 comments:

SarahBeth said...

Very cute! I love apple designs!
I used to make the towel toppers but haven't done so in years -- seeing yours makes me want to again!

Norma said...

Very pretty and who wouldn't love to get these are gifts:) TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Pamela said...

Hmmm...we both know someone special who has an apple kitchen. This is a sweet gift and the potholder above a great addition.