Friday, February 10, 2012

Recycling Greeting Cards

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out so bright, cheerful, and "spring like!"  I got the idea for the main element on this card from this post from the Dutch Sisters -- it's the front of a greeting card someone sent to me -- I added the crochet edge and used it as the main focus on this happy card!
Supplies used:
  • Greeting Card Front
  • White crochet thread
  • Yellow cardstock
  • Sparkle flourish stamp set (Scrappy Cat)
  • White Embossing Powder
  • White Ribbon

4 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

It sure is a happy card, you're very resourceful. I like how you added the crocheted edging. ~ Abby

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So sweet. What a great way to reuse cards.

Christa said...

Our church ladies used to do something similar with crocheted edges on Christmas cards for our missionaries to hand out, but I never thought of doing it on a greeting card. What a neat idea!

Pamela said...

Love that edge. RB got me a tool for Christmas that makes the holes (kinda like the old pattern marking tool--although you're probably too young to remember it.) I am so going to try this --right after I try all the other ideas I want to try -- ha!