Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recipes

Last week we had guests speakers at our house all week long. That means I did LOTS of cooking.  I love trying new recipes, and found some new "keepers."  Thought I'd share some of what we had for snacks and breakfasts while our guests were here.

Here are some of the snacks I served:
 
I actually used:
Strawberries
Kiwi
Mango
Blackberries
Sugar
I actually used my roll recipe for the dough.
I rolled it out and cut it in 4 strips.
Laid pepperoni and cheese down the center,
folded the dough over the top and baked it.
Then I cut them in bite sized pieces when they 
were finished baking. 
It was faster that way.
(I used Leek soup mix)
Here are some yummy things to dip besides Hawaiian bread:
 
I used BBQ chicken lunch meat and Munster cheese
I made this mixture and spread it on the inside of the buns instead of pouring anything over the top:
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/4 cup miracle whip
2 T. hot and spicy mustard
1 T poppy seeds
3 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
We eat them w/out the bun

Some of the Breakfast Recipes...
topped w/strawberries/bananas/whipped topping/maple syrup
I use thin steak - cooked in butter/onion/mushrooms/garlic/salt/pepper till done
After adding the steak to the egg, I top mine w/cheddar cheese.
 Fruit Salad
1 can peaches
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 can mandarin oranges
1 banana
6 maraschino cherries (halved)
1 box (cook) vanilla pudding
2 T. tapioca
Drain fruit into a sauce pan
Bring to a boil
Add pudding/tapioca
Boil till thickened
Pour over fruit.
You can eat this warm or cold -- whichever you prefer.
This post linked to:

6 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Great recipes Ive tried the sliders but im adding the fruit salad to my saves!

Wendys Hat said...

WOW these all look fabulous!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Oh my goodness. You really have the gift of hospitality. Not one of my virtues by any stretch of the imagination. You've done a wonderful job and I'm sure you're guests were more than pleased with their accommodations. You should feel a great sense of accomplishment. ~ Abby

Jennifer said...

Amazing! It's left my mouth watering!

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing my spinach dip recipe and linking to it. The rest of the dishes look amazing too! I'll have to try some of them out, especially the fruit salsa.

Pamela said...

I think I want to come visit you! My top choice is the pumpkin bread.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin