Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

I've been wanting to try my hand at the chalkboard technique for some time now.
Since my niece invited me over for an afternoon of cardmaking (yesterday) I finally got a chance to.
(BTW- I made lots of scalloped square cards while there -- you'll be seeing more of them this week!)
There are two great tutorials for this look
You can also view my Pinterest Board for more inspiration.
I embossed the bike and sentiment and then added a "pop" of color by coloring "Faith" w/watercolor markers and reheating to set.
Supplies used:
  • Kraft Cardstock
  • Scallop Square Nestabilities
  • World Travels stamp set
  • White Embossing Powder
  • White Pigment Ink
This post linked to:
Whatever You Want Wednesday

4 comments:

Patti P. said...

I have yet to give this a try...love your take. The bicycle is adorable!
Took a look at the dishcloths as well, good for you! I love those kind but alas I think I am untrainable when it comes to crocheting or knitting, lol. Love the yellow and blue.
Have a good day....

Jennifer said...

Love your chalkboard card! Great sentiment to!

Margie said...

Oh me too but I haven't got round to it yet. Love your samples though, especially the pop of colour - really nice. I envy you having someone to craft with - I'm really missing my craft group which starts up again next Saturday - yippee.

Pam said...

Very nice! I haven't tried this yet. Looks like fun.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com