Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Special Friend

I've had this image for quite a while -- not sure where it came from - maybe a pile of stuff a friend gave me when she cleaned out her stash.
The sentiment on the side reads:
"The very best remember whens are made by very special friends"
I've known for sometime just whose birthday I would use this image on -- a very special friend of course!
The image really didn't need much added to it -- I matted it on black cardstock and attached it to a dictionary page card.  A small (dictionary page) quilled flower in the corner completes the card.
(BTW - Part of my reason for using the dictionary page was in to go along with the gift -- a book for an avid reader!)

4 comments:

Helen said...

very nice! the quilling flower added a nice touch to the card.

Jennifer said...

This card is so perfect for such a gift! I love the image, and that quilled flower is beautiful!

Pam said...

This is so beautiful! You did a wonderful job on the quilling!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Oh so lovely.(And of course I love that you are pairing it with a book!)The quilling adds to its charm.