Friday, June 28, 2013

Recipes

Sharing a few recipes I've tried and enjoyed lately!
For a Reese Cup taste - skip the peanut butter icing and use this instead:
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup milk
1. Melt chocolate, peanut butter, and corn syrup together. Cook mixture is smooth.
2. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk, beating until smooth. Use while still warm.

I used Maple Syrup instead of corn syrup -- YUMMY!  When I make it again I will leave the sugar out it's plenty sweet w/out sugar!

I used 1/2 the cream cheese and sugar and it was still plenty!
I also added blueberries to mine -- in between the cream cheese and top crescent roll layer!
I made this for breakfast and it was a big hit with both my husband and our Navy friend!

7 comments:

Angela said...

That sheet cake looks fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing :) btw...I keep waiting for you to open an etsy shop...your creations are beautiful!

blessings~~angela

Christa said...

I'm pretty sure my husband would love that sheet cake, especially with the chocolate icing. Thanks for sharing!

Winnie said...

Oh my! That chocolate peanut butter cake looks soooo delicious.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes. ~ Abby

Pam said...

Mmmmmm, all three look yummy! Thank you for sharing!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

I made the cheese danish and we loved it, too. I'll have to try the others. That upside down on is calling my name!

Jennifer said...

They all look delicious! I can almost taste them just looking at the pictures! LOL